The NADC / National Drainage Academy have worked with the Water Research Centre (WRc) and other key industry partners to produce a new CPD course aimed at industry professionals who require the services of certified drainage contractors.
The aims and objectives of this new course are to provide detailed knowledge about drainage systems, drainage maintenance, CCTV surveying, interpreting analysis of survey reports and providing cost-effective methods of remediation.
- Module 1 Drainage Systems / Components & Design: Module covers an introduction to the key drainage components and their purpose.
- Module 2 Drain Ownership / Drainage Law: Module covers who owns and is responsible for drains and sewers in the UK, covering England, Wales, Scotland, and N Ireland.
- Module 3 Reasons for Drain Investigation / When to Survey & Why: Understand when a drain or sewer investigation is required and be able to explain the scope of the survey and the reasons for completing it.
- Module 4 Identifying the need for drain repair: Understand how to assess the drains condition and how to allocate a condition grade to the observed defects and complete an e assessment of a drain’s serviceability. Explain the decision-making process used to specify the need for a drain repair from the outcomes of a drain condition assessment and its serviceability.
- Module 5 Repair Techniques and Specification: An overview of the available repair techniques and an insight into their technical advantages and limitations to aid appropriate selection.
- Module 6 Quality Assurance: Reasons for undertaking CCTV inspection and drain repair. Understand the need for good QA to maximise asset performance.
The new WRc provided CPD course certification launched July 2021. The course is available across the UK and Ireland to a wide range of professionals including but not limited to:
- Building Controllers
- Facilities Management
- Loss Adjusters
- Local Authorities
- Water Companies
- Environmental Health Officers
- Structural Engineers
- Project Managers
- Building Engineers
- Housing Associations
- Civil Engineers
- Construction Industry
This certified course will be supported by the Drain Repair Book from the Water Research Center and EU Skills.
Interest in this new certified CPD course is growing rapidly and we already have a large number of companies / organisations who have expressed a keen interest in sending candidates for training.
If you have any further questions please contact our offices: firstname.lastname@example.org